Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Floors done/ Tanks Hung


Today made some progress- took yesteday off. Besause I needed time to figure out just how I was going to mount the black and fresh water tanks. No grey tank yet, that will be on the other side- have to figure out how to do put in a second battery bank first.



This is the main black water tank support rods.


Two holes in the skirting just behind the angle support.

This is my favorite glue- and all purpose glue. I beat this end of the rod- then used the gorilla snot as thread lock.
Used a couple scraps from the flooring to help with chaffing in the rivets.














I ended up threading the rod into the beam. Used a step bit. The tape kept me from going to deep.











The Black water tank was a bit of a challenge- ended up using both lateral and horizontal pressure to hold this baby in.







I decided on wood hangers- mainly because I can make lots of stuff from wood. Metal is not a prefered media. These are my "no welding" soltion.











I put a nice glob of gorillia glue at the ends of the threaded rod.













Tanks all hung- Still have give the 2bys a coat of deck sealer.
First coat down, scuff sanding not necessary with gymseal.















I used two light coat of Gymseal, toughest stuff for the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment