Monday, July 13, 2009

Flooring installed


Today I made a trip to good old home depot- grabbed the supplies for the floor. 6 sheets of luan, pack of r-2 foam 4' x 50' some great stuff foam spray, and some adheasive. We left the old plywood in place, reason was it was in good shape, and saves loads of time. I'd love to rebuild it ground up- but $$being the way it is this was the most cost efficent way to do things quick and cheap.
Preped ready to insulate and floor.

Foam insulation is in.







Rear view, I left heater in. We don't intend to be anywhere to cold, never hurts to have a heater








Got the big sheets in. I went right down the middle- most likely the edges will be covered by bunks and whatnot. Seams souldn't be a problem.






My super wife, checking out the work. Today was all about me- lots of measuring cutting- re figurin' and re cutin'.







All sanded ready for stain. Used 400 grit paper, just to tighten the grain. Be careful the vaneer on luan is really thin.


















I'll do a secnd coat tomorrow get the floor nice and dark.






















Stain coat one done- I had the remains of 3 different stains, threw them all together made a custom color.

No comments:

Post a Comment